I’ve been following Leslie from Bucket List Publications and her adventures always get me thinking about what I’ve done (or not done) and what would my Bucket List look like.
In her most recent post, she had this awesome quote:
“The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
So if I were to create a Bucket List, what would it have on it?
Mine isn’t as elaborate as you may think (okay, it is a little elaborate):
- I want to go to Italy (a small town in Calabria) where my parents are from.
- I want to renew my wedding vows under a starry sky with candles everywhere and wear a beautiful white gown
- I want to snorkel in a tropical paradise
- I want to go to Ireland (I’ve dreamed of visiting Ireland ever since I was a little girl).
- I want to go to New York City with my sisters, all of us wearing a gorgeous pair of Manolo Blahniks, and spend the night laughing and sipping on cosmos (yes this is related to my love of Sex in the City – don’t judge 😉 )
- I want to learn how to snowboard
- I want to open up a little shop that is all my own
It’s kind of funny, when you start to write/type it out, you realize there there is so much more you want to do.
As Leslie puts it “Some people create a bucket list because they are dying; I created one because I want to live!”
I want to live and so begins my Bucket List. Now it’s your turn……
“The more unrealistic we are with our dreams and goals, the more we’re able to achieve!“