Today is our 11th wedding anniversary. 11 years….WOW!!! Time has just flown right by.
Here are a few tid-bits about the 11+ years Jason and I have been together.
- Our first date was to the Fire Department’s Banquet. Jason drove 5 and 1/2 hours to pick me up.
- The entire 5 and 1/2 hour drive back to N.Y., I sat there and stared at him (which often got him to giggle) because I just couldn’t believe he would do that for me
- Our first kiss was on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls in front of a group of Asian tourists who turned into the paparazzi and instantly started snapping pictures.
- The first time he told me he loved me was on a cold winter’s night in October during one of our marathon phone calls (we would stay on the phone for hours)
- The first words in Italian that I taught him were “Ti Amo”; he didn’t know at that time that I was telling him that I loved him too.
- Our first apartment was in Buffalo N.Y and I almost hyper-ventilated when it came to signing the lease.
It has been a long time since those “first” and yet every time my hubby enters a room, I still look up and stare at his handsome face and think how lucky I am. He still takes my breath away when he kisses my neck. And I know that in good times and in bad, he will be there, standing beside me, holding my hand and giving me that half-smile to let me know everything is going to be okay.
Happy Anniversary Baby. Ti Amo with all my heart.