Last night Jason took me out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. It was perfect. We got a table outside, overlooking the lake. It was so pretty I had to snap some photos for all of you.
It was so stinkin hot out but we quickly cooled down with a refreshing beverage as we waited for our meal which arrived shortly thereafter. All you can eat crab legs….YES PLEASE!
Of course the anniversary dinner is never complete until we have an upside down banana split – OH SO YUMMY!!!
Not only were the food and drinks good, but so was the conversation and company. This ‘date night’ was much-needed for the hubby and I. The evening was filled with giggles, hand holding, and (of course) a kiss here and there.
So what did you guys do last night? Any of you partake in a cool beverage? Do you have any anniversary traditions?
Today is our 11th wedding anniversary. 11 years….WOW!!! Time has just flown right by.
Here are a few tid-bits about the 11+ years Jason and I have been together.
- Our first date was to the Fire Department’s Banquet. Jason drove 5 and 1/2 hours to pick me up.
- The entire 5 and 1/2 hour drive back to N.Y., I sat there and stared at him (which often got him to giggle) because I just couldn’t believe he would do that for me
- Our first kiss was on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls in front of a group of Asian tourists who turned into the paparazzi and instantly started snapping pictures.
- The first time he told me he loved me was on a cold winter’s night in October during one of our marathon phone calls (we would stay on the phone for hours)
- The first words in Italian that I taught him were “Ti Amo”; he didn’t know at that time that I was telling him that I loved him too.
- Our first apartment was in Buffalo N.Y and I almost hyper-ventilated when it came to signing the lease.
It has been a long time since those “first” and yet every time my hubby enters a room, I still look up and stare at his handsome face and think how lucky I am. He still takes my breath away when he kisses my neck. And I know that in good times and in bad, he will be there, standing beside me, holding my hand and giving me that half-smile to let me know everything is going to be okay.
Happy Anniversary Baby. Ti Amo with all my heart.
One year ago today, this little blog was started in true Gemini fashion. My friend, Julie, said “you should start your own blog” and so I spent more time pondering what our name would be than I did researching what exactly a blog entailed and so Our Life In Action was born. 🙂
My first post was short, sweet and to the point.
Lately it seems as though I am dabbling in a little of everything and accomplishing nothing. Our entire home is a work in progress and currently it feels like it is more a work in chaos then progress. Ahh well…watcha gonna do? As my sister would say….you need a list! And so the lists begin.
Much to my surprise, I got hooked and am still typing away one year later. Seriously guys, this is a big feat for me. 😉 I usually get bored and am on to the next project/craft/idea within a couple of weeks. But this is different, I love every second of it.
So from now until the end of the month, I am going to celebrate this blog’s one year anniversary. I’m thinking of a give-away, maybe pulling back the curtain so to speak and letting you all into my little world, more DIY (of course) and all the silly goodness that this blog has to offer. So what do you want to know about me? Do you want a house tour? How about a getting to know the family a little better? Maybe a vlog session to give you a sneak peek at a typical day at Our Life In Action. How about blog stuff like what have I learnt? What would I do different? What would I do the same? Ask away people and I’ll answerer. 🙂
Thank you to everyone who stops by, reads, comments, and giggles at my shenanigans. Without you, I’m not sure I would be celebrating this blogiversary.