What did I do this weekend? Here is a little preview..
Yup…nothing screams beauty like wearing a fake beard. LOL. Check out my instagram for more race day fun at the Watkins Glenn International…
The fun is just beginning, I get two more days of fishing with my little bro, his wife, my hubby, and of course little man. I’ll be sure to take a ton of pics and share with you guys but for now lets kick this Monday Funday off with some positive motivation and kick some ass this week.
This quote is so true. Don’t look at today as just another day, you never know where it may take you and what changes may happen that will affect your life forever. So stay positive, stay motivated, and make your dreams happen.
HAPPY MONDAY ALL!!!! Love yourselves, embrace what makes you different and don’t let anyone make you want to hide who you are. Remember, today is truly a gift. Stay positive my friends and have a great one!
Bit by bit I am doing by best to step out of my comfort zone and do what I really enjoy. I’ve been saying that I want to do more tutorials and I’ve filmed a TON of them but (to be honest) never post them because I am my own worst critic. Then I read this…
No more excuses. No more waiting. Time to start walking (even if it is only on my tip toes) in the direction I want to go. 🙂 So without further hesitation, here is my DIY Lemon and Sugar Face Scrub tutorial. Be kind. 😉
As you peruse your stash of makeup, looking for the perfect eyeliner to compliment today’s look, do you ever wonder if some of the ‘older’ items are still okay to use or if it is (GOD FORBID) time to toss?
As much as we may hate to admit it, beauty products do have a shelf life. UGH!!! Why can’t they just last forever? Is that too much to ask??? 😉 Expiration dates just ruin my life!
So as I sit here and saulk, here is a handy-dandy list detailing how long you should keep certain items. Side note: this isn’t written in stone and may vary based on who you ask but it is a good estimate.
- Concealer Up to 12 months.
- Powder 2 years.
- Cream & gel cleansers 1 year.
- Pencil eye liner Should be sharpened regularly. Will last up to 3 years.
- Eyeshadow Will also last up to 3 years.
- Brushes Wash every 2-3 months in a mild detergent.
- Sponges Wash weekly and discard monthly.
- Foundation Check the ingredients: A water-based foundation will last up to 12 months, oil-based will last up to 18 months.
- Lip liner Up to 3 years.
- Lipstick Some experts say 1-2 years. Others say up to 4 years. What everyone agrees on is that if it smells rancid, throw it out, it’s spoiled.
- Mascara Throw out after 4 months.
- Nail Polish Up to 12 months.
Now that we have a general guideline, be sure to go through and toss those items that have fallen off the radar for far too long. Don’t fret, there is a silver lining to cleaning up your makeup stash…this creates more space for new liners, shadows, concelers…woooo hooo 🙂
Stay tuned for some Friday Funnies to launch us into this fantabulous weekend.